Languages:
   

 

 
 
 
   

 

Things to Experience - Category - Historical Schools

 

Pancyprian Gymnasium

The Pancyprian Gymnasium was founded in 1812 by Archbishop Cyprian at a time when Cyprus was still under Ottoman occupation. The Pancyprian Gymnasium is the oldest school in Secondary Education of Cyprus and the oldest of all the Schools.

 
     
 

High School Phaneromenis

It was founded in 1859 by Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus A'. From the school year 1933-1934 it was used as a semi gymnasium. Two years later it became the Pancyprian Gymnasium Annex, which enrolled only male students.
 
     
 

Primary School Eleneion

It was founded in 1859 by Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus A '. From the school year 1933-1934 it served as semi gymnasium. Two years later it became the Pancyprian Primary School Annex, which enrolled only male students.
 
     

Primary School St Andrew

The school began functioning during the school year 1948-1949. First director was Mr. TrifonGiorgallidis. New rooms added to the original building but kept the architecture with its Ionic columns in front.
     

St. Anthony Elementary School

The story of the foundation of the school looks like a fairy tale. In the village of Fini Marathasa Anthony Theodotou was born, in 1859. He studied Medicine and in 1890 he settled in Nicosia and practicing doctor. In 1892, he married Eugenia Ioannidou Moumtzis , who belonged to one of the richest and most famous families of Nicosia. Elected MP, he has been a Councilor and Mayor of Nicosia, School Commissioner and Treasurer, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bank, Chairman of the guardianship of the Church of Phaneromeni etc. His fame spread all over Cyprus, both for his political activities, and for philanthropic and charitable works with the help of his wife Eugenia.

All Rights Reserved © 2007-2014 THE CLASSIC HOTEL
94 Rigenis Str, 1513 Nicosia - Cyprus
Phone + 357 22 664006, Fax + 357 22 670072

Privacy Policy  | Terms of Use | Legal