Nicosia Municipal Arts Centre
19 Apostolou Varnava Street
Housed in a converted old power station built in 1936. T
he building sat derelict for 20 years and reopened as a contemporary art gallery in 1994.
Includes a decent cafe-restaurant with an imaginative Mediterranean menu.
Opening Hours:Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:30pm
At the CHC, there are archives and a permanent exhibition hall, where authentic traditional handicrafts are displayed next to the contemporary ones produced.
In the Centre's shop, the visitor can find genuine handcrafted items representing almost all the island's traditional crafts.
Eight workshops around a courtyard offer tradinional products and handicrafts - some of which give a new slant to old crafts.
Winner of a 1994 Europa Nostra award.
One of them, the Porta Giuliana called Famagusta Gate, is now the Nicosia Municipal Cultural Center.
It is used for various exhibitions, conferences, lectures and various performances.
This spacious theatre in neo-classical style was completed in 1967. It has a seating capacity of 1200 and is used for performances by the Cyprus Theatrical Organization, musical concerts and recitals, dance performances and for various ceremonies.
This medievall hall was once part of a Lusignan Palace dating back to the 13th - 14th century.